RICHES Mosaic Interface
The RICHES Mosaic Interface™ is the central Internet location for content created through the RICHES™ projects and links to sources on Central Florida available from other repositories around the state. RICHES Mosaic Interface™ searches are geographically and temporally based and provide the user with filters to access specific types of data (images, documents, podcasts, oral histories, film, visualizations) as well as filter for information (ex. Agriculture, Industry, Cultural, etc.).
Please note system requirements: RICHES Mosaic Interface is supported by Firefox, Safari, Chrome and Internet Explorer 9 and 10 including mobile devices such as iPad and iPhone.
Introducing RICHES Mosaic Interface™ 2.0 which features the following enhancements for improved user functionality:
New Look: Interface Enhancements
- Improved search capability including redesigned date, text and category filter selection
- Inclusion of help buttons to assist users in identifying interface functions
- Updated user resources of tutorial videos and frequently asked questions
- Omeka 2.0 database software upgrade
Natural Language Search
- Users can now search using natural language.
- The natural language search is a broader search tool that allows users to find relationships between items.
- When the natural language option is selected, the search engine will find items related to the keyword text and display similar items.
- As a result, the user is able to discover new connections and historical relationships.
- Profiles allow users to select the "Show Connections" tool.
- "Show Connections" is a prototype feature the RICHES Mosaic Interface™ is investigating for helping users explore the relationships between different historical objects stored in the repository.
- Google map overlays are now available to display railroad lines.
Add Your Story
- Users can contribute to the database using the "Add Your Story" feature.