New Additions: First Unitarian Church of Orlando Collection
Orlando Unitarian Universalists can follow their roots back to 1912, when Reverend Eleanor Gordon was first minister to a church formed with 21 members. Building Unity Chapel in 1913, the group shared literary and spirited discussions, fostered by transplanted Unitarians from the North. Property in an orange grove east of town was purchased in 1954. The congregation moved from Lake Eola to Robinson and Hampton once children’s religious education classrooms and a social/worship hall were built in 1958. Gore Hall was completed in 1963, and served as a worship facility for many years. The current modern Sanctuary was dedicated in January of 1995.
Check out our First Unitarian Church of Orlando Collection: