Skip to main content

The Nelson and Company Packing Plant was originally founded by Steen Nelson and Gus Nelson and called Nelson Brothers. The company changed its name to Nelson and Company after it became a three-way partnership between the brothers and Benjamin Franklin Wheeler. In 1923, Wheeler became sole owner after buying out the company. The 80-acre historic district was incorporated in September of 2001 and encompasses four of Nelson and Company’s historic buildings.